Sunday, December 7, 2008

The FIRST Snow...




Here is a picture of our first real snow of the season! However we are about a month overdue. I always especially love the first snow of the season. It's the start of a new season and at this time of the year it definitly boosts your Christmas Spirit!

It wasn't really a snow that you could play in; it was a really wet snow and when you walked on it or anything it melted pretty quickly. However when I took Winston out to use the bathroom once he was done with his "business" he started pouncing on snow balls and rolling around in the snow. So I asked him if he wanted to go play; yes I talk to my dog. And he immediately ran over to the side yard and ran around and around in circles, up and down the hill, then he would come and make sure I was still there. Then he went back to his playing. Once he was done running around he proceeded to roll around in the snow some more. He looked like a giant snowball! Once I got him back inside I had to put him in the shower to melt all of the snowballs attached to his fur. But he was one happy dog!

It reminded me of how when I was a kid I loved to play in the snow. I would go out for a few hours and then come in to warm up, then go back out until I was totally frozen. You had to make the most of it because it could literally be years before you got another snow like it! So I encourage everyone to get outside and play in it! And if you don't have any of your own...come play in mine!!! :o)

1 comment:

Andy and Sheryl said...

Next time take a photo of the snow ball dog! That would be fun! It looks so beautiful. Send some my way! Miss you!