Monday, November 10, 2008

My First Ballet Class


Yes, you read that correctly. I promised Amy I would write about my ballet class once I started, so here it goes.

On Wednesday nights for the next few weeks if you can't get ahold of me that's because I am at ballet. :o) Originally it was supposed to be a beginner ballet class; because the last time I had ballet shoes on I was 6 and wearing a yellow tutu. But surprisingly when I got to class last week, there weren't a lot of people signed up for the beginner class...so they combined it with the Continuing Ballet class. To be more specific these are girls already dancing in pointe.

Class started by doing lots of stretching. There was one stretch that kept giving me cramps in my feet, I was starting to wonder how in the world I was going to be able to dance on them. But that would prove to be the least of my worries. Our teacher taught us a series of steps and in my head I was thinking,"If I could do that I would be dancing in The Nutcracker." :o) But in the end everything went pretty well and I learned that I am better at jumping or leaping than twirling. But I hope to learn a little more each week.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Wow, you are quite brave! That is awesome you're venturing out and doing something so challenging. I can't wait to see some of your sweet moves!

Andy and Sheryl said...

you know, I seem to recall a photo in your parents' house of little Kris in a yellow tutu. Does memory serve me correctly?