Tuesday, October 21, 2008

13.1 Miles!




Well I did it! This past Sunday I ran the Denver Half-Marathon with my friend Megan. We trained together and separate for about 3 1/2 months. During that time I went through almost an entire jar of Tiger Balm, many Function Shock Sport drinks, and a pair of tennis shoes. (Never underestimate the importance of good running shoes when you run 5 times a week!)


The race went really well and I had a really good time...although it is weird to say you had fun running 13 miles, probably sounds more like torture to most people. I got to see parts of Denver I hadn't seen before and there was some really great people watching as well! Afterwards I was really sore, even walking was quite the task. But after some more Tiger Balm an another Shock Sport drink by Monday I was almost back to normal. Only my knees are still a little tender.


Now I am trying to decide what my next challenge will be???

1 comment:

Kari said...

Congratulations on your great feat. That is so awesome!

Next challenge...MS150 bike ride in June!!!